Friday, November 15, 2013

Kindness matters :)


 
oh my beloved crocheted car tire cover!  This project has probably  impacted my life more than any other project I have made!  If I am out driving I can often expect people to stop and look at it while they are walking by - if I'm at a red light I sometimes get to catch smiles from people who see it.  
 
Lots of people bust out their phones to take pictures, mostly when walking sometimes when driving... Sometimes even when I am sitting in my car (playing candy crush.... soo addicted...) people will come up to my window and give it a little knock and we will just enter into a conversation that started with a crocheted tire cover :)
 
I just love to think about all the smiles that have come out of this one project and all fun conversations started.  Something about this cover makes people to do things they wouldn't normally do - they step out and talk to strangers, or take photos of a tire cover in public.  These may not seem out of the norm for some people, but for others it was a
 
I remember one lady was just standing at the back of my tracker, just staring and I came up and said Hi and introduced myself and she just said that seeing this cover made her day, and that moment with her made my day!
 
I was giving a really cool revelation from Jesus that day. When Jesus lives in us we are different - and He wants to use us like He used a simple car tire cover to bring a smile to someone :)
 
So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him ... fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Romans 12:1-2
 
It really can be so simple :)





 
and a selfie for fun :)
 
I also wanted to share a song with you that has been on my heart - I have just been totally loving rend collective experiment these days and this song, build your kingdom here gets me pretty excited for things to come!
 
It is just such a song of revival - such a song that brings heaven wherever I am when I am listening to it. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...