Monday, June 13, 2011

Baby-in-the-hood Jacket!!

This would have to be the most advanced sewing project I have ever tackled and it turned out amazing!!  Check out my baby in the hood jacket I made for baby kaiden.  I used a pattern from my favorite book right now Handmade Beginnings by Anna Maria Horner.  For the most part the pattern was pretty easy to follow - it did show me I need to practice my top-stiching a little more and the next time I make one I think I'll try to make it a inch or two longer.


Buying fabric here in Powell River seems like quite a challenge most days as we only have one fabric store! The one we do have is ran out of the basement of the owners house and everytime I go I always feel slightly uncomfortable... But I was able to pick up this amazing polka-dot blue and green novelty fabric and have been holding on to this bright orange for quite some time, and when I saw the two together I loved it!!


I wish the pictures turned out better - but I was in a bit of a rush...





2 comments:

  1. Love it Ashleigh !! Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. ashleigh you have mad skills :) xoxo gayle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...