Tuesday, March 27, 2012

i'm going on a treasure hunt...

As some of you know - i'm currently doing the bethel school of supernatural studies through correspondence here in Powell River.  This school is totally challenging me is every aspect in my relationship with Jesus and it has been just so awesome.  

About a week ago in our class we did something that certainly took me out of my comfort zone - we went of a treasure hunt.  I had done this before in ywam, but its one thing to walk up to people in another country and say "This may seem a little weird, but we're on a treasure hunt and we think you are on the list" but to do this here in my small town where I am bound to know the person definitely was stretching me.

So how treasure hunting works is you pray and ask for words of knowledge regarding the location, their name, appearance, what they might need prayer for and anything unusual. You write down all your words and then you head out.

So we broke up into small groups, prayed, and then went out into the town - and Jesus came and something cool happened!

So in my group we each had a word - the two other people brought us to out location and all I heard was something blue.  So we walked into the restaurant (which happened to be unusually extremely busy) and started looking for the words we had each received and I kid you not everyone seemed to be dressed in such dark colors of grey and black and in the back corner was the treasure - dressed head to toe in blue.  

We walked over and Jesus clearly knew we were going to show up because three empty chairs were already pulled up to the table - so we asked if we could sit down and began talking to our new friends.  Our blue lady began telling us how she had called her friend up and asked her out to pray for her daughter and how they were both planning to be somewhere else that night but felt they just needed to meet together to pray.  We asked if we could pray for her as as well and just let her know she was God's treasure and the desires of her heart to see her daughter healed were His as well - and continued to encourage her and remind her how important she is to her Father God.  The night was awesome!

I was soo fearful heading into this night - but being obedient, and trusting God was so freeing!  

and that testimony alone would have been awesome enough to tell of how creative and loving God is but he had more in plan for that meeting - there was some more love he wanted to share.

Last night I found out that the table beside us was listening and one of the ladies heart was so touched by God she went to her place of work the next day and began telling this story of a group of people that went out into the town on a treasure hunt.  She was so intrigued by what she had saw and heard that she decided she needed to hear more about this God.  So she grabbed three of her friends and went out to the healing rooms that day after lunch.  On that visit she gave her life to the Lord and all four of them left with Bibles!! How cool is God!!

Honestly the idea of treasure hunting was soo scary for me - I was so afraid to give my word our of fear that it would be wrong that I almost was just going to keep it to myself.  I am so thankful that I spoke up and listened to God and got to be a part of his amazing plans!

So go out and try something out of your comfort zone and be encouraged!!

let me leave you with my new favorite song at the moment as a thank you for reading this long post!
This is what you do -- Matt Stinton


try not to catch the cold like me -- ashleigh



2 comments:

  1. It is so encouraging to see how God is working today in our town and through people who desire to follow him and are making the decision to lay down their pride and fears and be bold in the power of God. Thanks for posting this Ashleigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so incredible Ashleigh! Thanks for sharing at girls group! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...